To check out hardcopy reserve items, please go to the Check-Out Desk (Level 1).
At the Antelope Valley Campus, please go to the Library Resource Center (Room 405).
If your instructor told you that there are some reserved readings at the Library, but you can't find them, possible reasons might be:
• The course reserve items are still being processed.
• The Stiern Library no longer supports electronic reserves for course readings. The campus is using Blackboard as the central platform for course readings.
If you have any other questions or problems, please contact the Check Out Desk at (661) 654-3172.
Course Reserve Check Out
• A Current CSUB ID is required for all reserve check outs.
• 2-hour closed reserves must be returned or renewed every two hours and do not leave the library.
• 2-hour open reserves must be returned or renewed every two hours and can leave the library.
• 24-hour reserves must be renewed daily, 24 hours from the time the item was checked out or when the library opens the following day if the item was due when the library was closed.
· 3-day reserves must be returned or renewed on the third day by the time of day it was last checked out or renewed.
• 7-day reserves must be returned to the check out desk on the seventh day by the time of day it was last checked out.
• All reserve materials must be returned to the check out desk every 7 days.
• All reserve materials are subject to holds.
• Reserve holds cannot be placed for items a patron currently has checked out.
• Reserve items with pending hold requests may not be renewed.
• To avoid unfilled hold requests and loss or damage to textbooks, the Library recommends instructors place all text books on 2-hour closed reserve.
Reserve Fines and Fees
• Keeping a reserve item past the time it is due will result in overdue fines and possible fees for unfilled hold requests.
• 2-hour and 24-hour reserves accrue overdue fines at a rate of $1.00 per hour to a maximum of $25.00 per item per week.
• 3-day and 7-day reserves accrue overdue fines at a rate of $1.00 per day to a maximum of $25.00 per item per week.
• Reserve items not returned within fifteen minutes of a hold request will be assessed a fee of $10.00 in addition to any overdue fines that may accrue.
• Items not renewed or returned for 21 days will be considered lost. Lost or damaged reserve items are billed to students and staff at current replacement cost plus a state-mandated processing fee. Once replacements for reserve items not owned by the library (i.e. a professor's personal copy) have been ordered, students and staff are ineligible for partial or full refunds if the item is returned.
• Students and staff with unpaid obligations will not be able to register or obtain transcripts.
• Appropriate materials include library or faculty-owned books, videotapes, DVDs, Blu-rays, compact discs, solutions manuals or readers.
• Library-owned Reference books, periodicals, or other non-circulating items may not be placed on Reserve.
• Items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan may not be placed on Reserve.
Copyright Restrictions for Audiovisual materials
• Commercial videos, library owned videos or videos of classroom activities are allowed.
• Non-commercial videos, DVDs, and CDs recorded or downloaded (ex. YouTube, PBS, CNN, History Channel) containing copyrighted material are NOT acceptable without permission from the program’s producer.
• CDs and commercially produced cassettes are acceptable.
• CDs and DVDs put on Course Reserve must be accompanied by a signed statement that the faculty member accepts responsibility for the content and for any damage or copyright violation resulting from their use.
Placing Items on Hard Copy Reserve
• All items placed on Hard Copy Reserve must be accompanied by the Hard Copy Reserves Request Form. o Separate forms must be submitted for each individual course.
o For large Reserves reading lists (more than ten items), please submit a copy of the class syllabus along with the Request Form.
• Hard Copy Reserves items may be circulated for one of five checkout periods: 2-hour open, 2-hour closed (Library use only), 24-hour, 3-day, or 7-day.
• Identification stickers, barcodes, date/time slips and transparent tape will be placed on these items.
• Personal items placed on Reserves usually receive some wear, and occasionally are lost or stolen. The Library does not take responsibility for repairing or replacing damaged or lost personal materials placed on Reserves.
• Items placed on Hard Copy Reserves will remain on active reserve for the designated reserve duration, then returned to the instructor or Library collection from which they came.
• Personal materials will be returned to the instructor at the end of the current semester unless other arrangements have been made.
Course Reserves are books, CDs, DVDs, and other materials placed on reserve by professors at the Check Out Desk to support student access to course materials. Depending on the Instructor's preference, reserves can be checked out for 2 hours in Library use, 2 hours anywhere, 24 hours, 3 days, or 7 days.
For additional information on reserves and questions on copyright compliance: Please contact Kristi Chavez at 661-654-3174 or at email@example.com.
Reference Desk hours (in-person help on the first floor of the library):
Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Closed
After hours research help: