You can now reserve group study rooms on Levels 3 and 4! Make sure you receive an email confirming your reservation date and time. RESERVE NOW
Rooms may be reserved up to 1 week in advance for no more than 2 hours per day, 4 hours per week.
After reserving a room:
Reservation is forfeited if:
2nd level group study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis – no reservations necessary.
3rd and 4th level group study rooms must be reserved online.
The small Individual Study Rooms on the 4th floor of the library are available to currently registered CSUB Graduate students, Senior level students, and Faculty. Persons requesting a room must demonstrate a need to have access to Library materials to support a research project. Applicants must submit a brief written description of their project including the expected date of completion. Individual Study Rooms are NOT included in the online reservation system. Please fill out the application electronically, print or scan after signing, and submit to the Dean of Libraries, WSL 111, or fax to 661-654-3238
No longer accepting applications. Please check by during the first week of the Spring Semester 2022.
Group study rooms may not be used as classrooms or faculty offices. No one individual may hold a large group study room while waiting for their group to arrive. While individuals may not hold a room while waiting for their group, individuals may use a small group study until a group is waiting to use it, at that point, groups have priority.
All group study rooms on level 3 and 4 must be reserved online.
The small study rooms on level 3 are to be used by no more than 3 students at a time. The larger study rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor hold 6 people. Please refer to signage in each room for maximum occupancy.
• Mask must be worn in the study rooms at all times.
• Food and drink is prohibited.
• Smoking and inappropriate behavior are not permitted and will result in loss of use of room. Lights must always remain on.
• These rooms are for Library-related use only. Rooms may not be used for student organization meetings, faculty meetings, or as regular classrooms.
• Rooms left unattended will be forfeited and given to the next available group. Personal belongs may be removed by library staff but are not the responsibility of the library. It is never advised to leave your belongings unattended in any location of the library.
Need a place to study after the library is closed? Use the 24 hour study room!
The 24 hour study room is open during regular sessions (closed for breaks and holidays) and is a quiet study zone. If the library is closed, you can enter the 24 hour study room via the lower level west entrance.